FW: Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity - Human Dimensions of Carbiou Conservation in Western Canada

Lily Van Eeden

May 29, 2024, 5:27:11 PMMay 29
to SSWG...@conbio.org

RMIT Classification: Trusted

Sending on behalf of someone else:

Hello,

My colleagues and I are recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Socio-Cultural Dimensions of Woodland Caribou Conservation in Western Canada. The position is funded through the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Partnership Development Grant. This partnership is made up of First Nations in BC and AB, Universities (UBC, UofAlberta and UofGuelph), Government of Canada (Canadian Forest Service) and Non-government Organization (Biodiversity Pathways). Our team is co-creating a project aimed at understanding the ethical dimensions of caribou recovery actions. We are seeking a dynamic person to help lead this project using a mix methods approach.

Please see the attached advertisement for more details.

Sincerely,

Carly

--

Carly Sponarski, PhD

Research Scientist / Chercheur Scientifique

she/her/elle

Northern Forestry Centre, Canadian Forest Service / Centre de foresterie du Nord, Service Canadien des Forets

Natural Resources Canada, Government of Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada, Gouvernement du Canada,

5320 122 Street, Edmonton AB T6H 3S5

Mobile Phone / Téléphone: 587.545.9207

Email / courriel: carly.s...@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca

I’d like to acknowledge that we are on Treaty 6 territory, a traditional meeting grounds, gathering place, and travelling route to the Cree, Saulteaux, Blackfoot, Metis, Dene, and Nakota Sioux. We acknowledge all the many footsteps that have marked these lands.

SSHRC PDG Caribou Cons SocialScience PostDoc.pdf