Conservation social science training opportunities

Rebecca Jefferson

Jun 12, 2024, 1:37:39 PMJun 12
to SSWG...@conbio.org

Two upcoming conservation social science training opportunities with Human Nature…

Our one-day Essentials of Conservation Social Science course will be on Thursday 18th July. This is a great course for anyone taking their first steps into conservation social sciences. I ran this course in May in-house for an international conservation NGO. Here is some of their feedback:

“I didn't realize how broad the field of social science was. I was very interested to hear about all the different approaches and ways of eliciting information from stakeholders. I'm excited to find ways to start incorporating it into our work more extensively”

“The facilitation was clear, though-provoking, engaging, and the examples were illustrative. Felt like a very empathetic way of approaches such a vastly complex topic and I'm grateful!”

If a better understanding of conservation social science would help you and your projects, book your place today at https://humannature.co.uk/ecss

The second opportunity is our Qualitative Methods for Conservation course which runs online over five days.  It gives you the skills, practice and confidence to use qualitative research methods such as interviews in your projects. I will soon be announcing dates for a course in the Autumn (northern hemisphere).  Email me with “Yes please!” if you would like to be first to hear of the dates of the next course (reb...@humannature.co.uk).

And finally, if you would like to explore in-house training opportunities for your team or organisation, please get in touch.

Best wishes

Rebecca

Dr Rebecca Jefferson

reb...@humannature.co.uk

humannature.co.uk

LinkedIn

I’m currently working reduced hours due to some additional family needs.  Please nudge me if you don’t hear from me in a week or so.