Announcing the Pathways 2025 Conference

Emily LeBlanc

May 30, 2024, 12:01:31 PMMay 30
to SSWG Working Group List

Pathways Conference 2025

It is our pleasure to announce Pathways 2025Human Dimensions of Wildlife Conference and Training, organized by Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA) and the Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources at Colorado State University. The conference will be held at YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado, USA, from September 7-10, 2025

2025 Theme: “Appreciating Nature’s Benefits”

This year’s conference theme is “Appreciating Nature's Benefits."

Topics to explore:

    • Effective communication in the field
    • Application/use of social science
    • Adapting to social change
    • Complex issues in wildlife management
    • Changing landscapes and seascapes
    • Integrative approaches to wildlife management
    • Transformative science
    • New directions in science to understand benefits
    • Transformational leadership
    • Positive emotions and the “awe” of wildlife
    • Health and wellbeing from connecting with nature
    • Increasing access to nature and wildlife

Learn more about the theme on our website

Important Dates

Organized Session Deadline: February 9, 2025

Individual Abstract/Poster Deadline: March 2, 2025

Notification of Acceptance: March 31, 2025

Deadline for Final Submission of Revised Papers: April 22, 2025

Submission RSVP Deadline: April 22, 2025

Preliminary Program Released: May 1, 2025

Ex Ordo is open to accept abstract submissions. See more information about submitting your proposal on our website

Organizing Committee

Conference Co-Organizers:

  • Michael J. Manfredo, Colorado State University
  • Dean Smith, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
  • David Yoskowitz, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department

For more information on the conference organizers and the planning committee, visit the Pathways 2025 website

About the Conference

Pathways 2025 is a part of the Pathways: Human Dimensions of Wildlife Conference and Training. Founded by Prof. Michael J. Manfredo and Prof. Jerry Vaske (Colorado State University), the program is designed to address the myriad issues that arise as people and wildlife struggle to coexist in a sustainable and healthy manner.

Since its inaugural launch in the U.S. in 2008, Pathways has gained a reputation as one of the leading conferences on the human dimensions of wildlife management in the world, regularly attracting researchers and practitioners from both agencies and NGOs from more than 30 different countries.

For general inquiries, contact wcnr_hdnr...@Mail.colostate.edu.

We look forward to seeing you at the Pathways 2025: Human Dimensions of Wildlife Conference and Training Program!

Warm Regards,

Pathways Conference Team

WCNR_hdnr...@mail.colostate.edu