Social Science post-doc, Environmental Governance & Impacts (Conservation International; Arlington, Virginia)

Michael Mascia

May 11, 2015, 1:42:06 PM5/11/15
to sswg...@conbio.org
Hi, everyone.

I'm looking for a post-doctoral social scientist to join my team at Conservation International.  The post-doc will focus on two exciting projects related to environmental governance and impacts.  The position summary is enclosed below; full details are attached.

If you are interested, I encourage you to apply via the CI website.  If you know someone who might be interested, please share this announcement.

Review of applications will begin on May 22 and continue until the position is filled.

Thanks in advance.

best,
Mike

Position summary:
Post-doctoral Social Scientist, Environmental Governance & Impacts
Conservation International

Conservation International (CI) helps societies sustainably care for nature, our global biodiversity, for the benefit of humanity.  CI seeks a post-doctoral social scientist to work with an interdisciplinary team to rigorously document the emergence, evolution, and impacts of biodiversity conservation interventions.  As a member of the team leading CI’s Conservation Social Science Initiative, the post-doctoral Social Scientist (Environmental Governance and Impacts) will examine (a) the ecological and social impacts of PADDD (protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement); and (b) patterns and trends in the use of nontraditional conservation strategies.  The successful candidate will lead or contribute to two or more peer-reviewed publications in the first year.

This position is based in Arlington, Virginia (USA), with an initial duration of one year and the possibility of extension based on funding.

To apply, visit www.conservation.org/careers and search keyword “governance”.  Review of applications will begin on May 22 and continue until the position is filled.

Michael B. Mascia, Ph.D.
Senior Director, Social Science
Moore Center for Science & Oceans | Conservation International | 2011 Crystal Drive | Arlington, VA  22202 USA
m.ma...@conservation.org | conservation.org/science | boundaryscience.com | MPAmystery.org | PADDDtracker.org
EGIsocialscientist_ShortAdvert.pdf