Funded MA & PhD positions in political ecology of conservation - University of Guelph

RJR

Jan 7, 2016, 12:17:49 PM1/7/16
to sswg...@conbio.org
The Department of Geography at the University of Guelph is seeking applications from strong MA and PhD students interested in the political ecology of conservation governance. Our projects broadly seek to understand changing governance arrangements in the context of the neoliberalization of conservation. We have active research projects that seek to understand the politics of knowledge, science and decision making vis-a-vis protected area governance in the marine environment (Belize, Oceania and Canada) and terrestrial environment (mainland Southeast Asia and Canada). The graduate program promotes rigorous training in a supportive environment and a culture of co-publication and collaborative team based research. Our students are highly successful in obtaining outside research grants in addition to the regular funding packages which are very competitive. The University is also offering new entrance scholarships to recruit outstanding domestic (Canadian) students (an additional $30K for PhD and $15K for MA in the first year). Qualified potential students are encouraged to contact either Robin Roth (robin...@uoguelph.ca), Noella Gray (gr...@uoguelph.ca) or Jennifer Silver (j.si...@uoguelph.ca).

Dr. Robin Roth
Associate Professor
Department of Geography
University of Guelph