Abstracts due July 16th for Pathways Africa 2018

Duke,Esther

Jul 10, 2017, 1:13:03 PM7/10/17
to SSWG...@conbio.org

Pathways Africa 2018
Abstracts due July 16th for Pathways Africa 2018

Colorado State University and The Cheetah Conservation Fund are co-hosting the 2018 Pathways Africa Conference and Training in Windhoek, Namibia, January 8th-11th, 2018 in partnership with the Large Carnivore Management Association of Namibia and the Namibia Nature Foundation.

Pathways is the premier scientific meeting and training for academic and government researchers, students, agency scientists, land managers, NGO representatives, and other individuals who are interested in the human dimensions of fish and wildlife management issues. Our 2018 theme will be "Living with Wildlife", find our key topics here. We welcome participation from around the world.

We hope you will join us at Pathways Africa where you are encouraged to participate by organizing a session or presenting your original research or managerial case study as an individual oral presentation.

Deadline for Proposals: July 16th

The proposals section of our website gives you an overview of what sessions and individual presentations look like and explains the requirements, structure, and submission instructions for both. To view our website please visit: http://www.pathwaysafricaconf.org.

Pathways Africa was inspired by the successful Pathways Kenya conference and training held in 2016 in Nanyuki, Kenya. The conference was an international gathering of 200+ scientists from 27 countries in academia, NGOs, and government agencies. The training program supported 58 participants from all over the African continent to gain valuable applied social science conservation skills.

Best Wishes,

Pathways Africa 2018 Planning Committee