Learning from failure in conservation: what's your opinion?

Allison Catalano

Oct 26, 2017, 3:21:33 PM10/26/17
to SSWG Working Group List
Ever had a project not work out the way you expected? Failure is tough, but can we learn from it?

Follow this link to take the survey and share your thoughts:

My PhD research is asking this question:
For people who are engaged in conservation projects, what are the team dynamics and organizational factors that enable or discourage learning from failure?

Ultimately, I hope to provide specific and actionable information that teams of conservation professionals and their organizations can use to improve their ability to learn from failure and hence improve their practice. To capitalize on our collective knowledge, please feel free to circulate this survey link to others you think might be interested in participating.

This survey is aimed at people who have participated in conservation projects as part of a team.  Those currently working in an academic role would be appropriate respondents if they have worked in the past on a project with a conservation related objective, or are currently doing so in conjunction with their primary job.

The response time thus far has been approximately 45 minutes. I realize that this is longer than the typical survey, but hope that those conservation professionals who are interested in the topic of effective learning will consider this time well spent.

Thank you for helping in this effort.

Follow this link to take the survey and share your thoughts:

Best regards,
Allison Catalano
PhD Candidate
Imperial College London