Call for Social Science Associate Editor for new Nature Sustainability journal

Rebecca Garvoille

Dec 1, 2016, 12:51:59 PM12/1/16
to sswg...@conbio.org

FYI, this is certainly relevant and an excellent potential opportunity for SSWG members…

For some time I have been advising the Editors of Nature on the possibility of bringing out an inter-disciplinary journal on sustainability.  I have received confirmation that they will be bringing out Nature Sustainability with its first issue in January 2018.  The aims and scope of the new journal can be found at: http://www.nature.com/natsustain/. The Chief Editor, Monica Contestabile, has invited me to be on the Expert Advisory Panel, so hopefully I will be able  to have some input in the overall direction of the journal.

However, my most immediate task is to let you know that the journal is recruiting senior and associate editors.  See http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/594453-associate-or-senior-editors-nature-sustainability.  I would be grateful if you circulate this link to people who you think might be interested, and please urge them to apply.  In an email to me, Monica stresses: "there are two job adverts still running, one advert for natural and engineering sciences and the other one for a social science position (http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/594841-associate-or-senior-editors-social-science-nature-sustainability)."

Attached please find the advert for the Social Science Editor.  I am sure that the advert for the natural and engineering sciences application is similar, but I am afraid I was not sent that one (sorry!).

Thanks.

Ed

Edward B Barbier

John S Bugas Professor of Economics and Chair

Department of Economics & Finance

University of Wyoming,  College of Business

Department 3985 • 1000 E University Avenue • Laramie, Wyoming 82071

Phone: 307-766-2358 • Fax: 307-766-5090 • E-mail:  ebar...@uwyo.edu

cid:image002.jpg@01CB4368.EACD6460

For my most recent books and publications, see http://www.edwardbbarbier.com/

Social Science Editor Advert.pdf