FW: The Nature Conservancy in MD/DC is hiring- Director of Science and Conservation Coordinator

Dayer, Ashley

Dec 19, 2016, 9:04:41 AM12/19/16
to SSWG...@conbio.org
Great opportunities with TNC in Maryland/DC.  Exciting to see them considering a social scientist for their Director of Science position.  I know the hiring manager for these positions well, and I can assure you she’d be an excellent person to work with/for.

Ashley

Ashley A. Dayer, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Human Dimensions

Affiliated Faculty

Virginia Tech
Cheatham Hall, Room 101 (0321)
310 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061

From: Allison Vogt <alliso...@TNC.ORG>
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 3:05 PM
To: Allison Vogt <alliso...@TNC.ORG>
Subject: The Nature Conservancy in MD/DC is hiring- Director of Science and Conservation Coordinator

Colleagues,

The Nature Conservancy in Maryland/DC is currently hiring two new positions to be part of our conservation team: a Director of Science and Conservation Coordinator. These are both terrific opportunities to make significant contributions to conservation in the mid-Atlantic.  Please share with great candidates. I am the hiring manager for both positions and am happy to answer any questions.

The position descriptions for both are attached and deadlines to apply are 12/28 and 12/30 respectively. You can apply directly at nature.org/careers by searching job 44918 (Dir. of Science) and 44911 (Conservation Coordinator).

The Director of Science is a senior-level position and provides leadership and strategic direction to ensure that the Maryland/DC Chapter’s conservation strategies have robust scientific foundations and are designed to achieve the greatest possible conservation outcomes. The Director is an experienced people manager who upholds the Conservancy’s scientific integrity and leads their team to facilitate, apply, and evaluate science in support of the Chapter’s conservation objectives. The Director will have knowledge of and experience with a broad range of conservation science topics central to achieving our priorities of clean water and climate resilience. S/he will be a scientific thought leader for the Chapter who identifies emerging topics opportunities and incorporates them into our conservation agenda. The Director will represent the Conservancy and clearly articulate scientific information to numerous and diverse audiences.

The Conservation Coordinator is an entry-level position and will be an integral part of the Maryland/DC chapter team, providing administrative, research, project management and other general assistance to the Deputy State Director. S/he will also lead special projects in support of our conservation priorities.

Thanks in advance for sharing with your networks,

Allison

Allison Vogt
Deputy State Director

alliso...@tnc.org
240.630.7035 (direct)

nature.org

The Nature Conservancy
MD/DC Chapter

425 Barlow Place  Suite 100
Bethesda, MD 20814

http://nature.org/images/emailsig_logo.gif

image001.gif
Director of Science Position Description FINAL.pdf
Conservation Coordinator Position Description Dec2016.pdf