Interactive Session on social-ecological integration at NACCB meeting

Lischka, Stacy

Jun 20, 2018, 4:39:54 PM6/20/18
to SSWG...@conbio.org

Dear colleagues-

I wanted to share an announcement for an interactive session I am working with a very talented group of collaborators to plan at the upcoming NACCB conference in Toronto, Ontario.  Our session, titled “Applying spatial methods to integrate social and ecological data and inform conservation practice,” seeks to bring together researchers and practitioners from across the conservation community to produce guidance on how to address the challenges of integrating social and ecological information in the context of spatial analysis. We are hoping to attract a very diverse group of participants, including ecologists, social scientists, spatial analysts, landscape ecologists, early career and established individuals, academics, NGO and agency staff, managers, practitioners… the more diverse minds in the room, the more progress we can make on these sticky challenges. We very much hope that you consider attending.  Information about the content of the session, timing and location, is contained in the attached announcement.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to discuss them with you by phone or email.  We would also appreciate it if you would share this announcement widely within your professional networks.

Cheers,

Stacy

Stacy Lischka
Associate Conservation Scientist, Rocky Mountain West Program

Wildlife Conservation Society
mobile:  +1 (517) 420-3557
E-mail:    slis...@wcs.org
web:       http://www.wcs.org
twitter:   https://twitter.com/thewcs

Spatial methods for social and ecological integration Interactive Sessio....pdf