Using social media/online data to understand human use of coastal-marine environments

me...@sdcarr.com

May 16, 2018, 12:01:36 PM5/16/18
to Marin...@conbio.org, NAl...@conbio.org, sswg...@conbio.org
Dear SCB members,

A recent article in the MEAM newsletter covers how researchers and practitioners are gleaning information from social media and other online data to better understand how people are using coastal and marine environments and resources, as well as conduct coastal and marine monitoring. In the article, we explore:

This topic was absolutely fascinating to cover, and we hope these case studies provide some inspiration for other resource managers and conservation practitioners.

And as always, the newsletter provides a summary of the latest news and resources for ocean planners and managers.

Apologies for any cross-postings.

Best wishes,
Sarah Carr

Sarah D. Carr. Ph.D.