Who is leading by example when it comes to fostering diversity in Environmental Social Science graduate training?

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Bethany Cutts

ungelesen,
25.01.2018, 10:00:3625.01.18
an AE...@listserv.ursinus.edu, CONSERVATIO...@listserv1.coloradocollege.edu, SSWG...@conbio.org, EAN...@listserv.uga.edu, iasnrdiscussion-l IASNR Member Discussion Group
Dear Colleagues,

I am asking for you help identifying senior social scientists and graduate program leaders who have been extremely successful in recruiting (and graduating) diverse students to their labs and deeply incorporating diversity into their research programs.

The College of Natural Resources at NC State is in the preliminary stages of planning a symposium on bringing diverse perspectives to natural resources as part of the strategic mission of the college. Our definition of diversity includes groups recognized as underrepresented in STEM as well as other differences in learning, physical ability, gender expression, sexual orientation, and nationality.

Thank you in advance for helping me to learn more about leaders from across the social sciences whose example we can learn from as we work to be effective advocates for and allies of a more inclusive scientific culture.

-Bethany Cutts

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten