Save the date: Texas A&M 2017 Ecological Integration Symposium March 23rd and 24th

Lauren Redmore

Dec 14, 2016, 5:33:20 PM12/14/16
to SSWG...@conbio.org
Dear colleagues,

Texas A&M’s annual Ecological Integration Symposium (EIS) will be held on March 23rd and 24th, 2017, at the Texas A&M campus in College Station, TX. EIS is an interdisciplinary event that is open to the public and free to attend. EIS invites leading scientists in the fields of ecology, evolutionary biology, and conservation and provides an on-campus opportunity for students from diverse scientific disciplines to present their own research and engage in meaningful discussion concerning issues at the forefront of their fields. The 18th annual EIS theme is “Micro to Macro: Ecology in the Anthropocene” and will include talks by Dr. Fikret Berkes, Dr. Robin Chazdon, Dr. Kim Cobb, Dr. Jiangou Wu, Dr. Eric Pianka, and Dr. Jonathan Pruitt.

In the coming weeks the EIS committee will put out a call for poster and presentation abstracts for undergraduate and graduate students to present their work and for graduate students and faculty to participate in judging student presentation. EIS provides an excellent opportunity for students in Texas and across the nation to showcase their work and engage in meaningful dialogue with the invited speakers and world-renowned scientists in their field. Abstract submission will open on January 17th and will close February 14th and will be available on our website: http://eeb.tamu.edu/eis/. A future email in the coming weeks will provide further directions.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact the 2017 EIS Committee at theei...@gmail.com.  Please visit our website http://eeb.tamu.edu/eis/ and Facebook page for more information and updates!

We hope you will consider sharing your work with us!

Sincerely,

2017 Ecological Integration Symposium Committee

Facebook:
Website: