PhD student sought at Univ of Illinois

Matthew Browning

Apr 20, 2015, 8:58:59 AM4/20/15
to SSWG...@conbio.org
Hi SSWG community,

I'm starting this fall as an assistant professor in the Department of Recreation, Sport, and Tourism at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I have two years of funding for a doctoral student to work 10 hr/wk as a teaching assistant and 10 hrs/wk as a research assistant. The assistantship would include a modest stipend and tuition waiver.

I'm looking for self-motivated students who have interests in environmental psychology, environmental education, environmental interpretation, nature centers, parks and protected areas, "connecting" people with nature, or nature-based community engagement. The research assistant would join me as I start a new research program. As such, he or she would be involved in the conceptualization, development, and selection of research questions and methodologies.

Qualified applicants should hold (or be currently completing) a master's degree in a field related to his or her research interests and have high GRE/GPA scores as well as strong quantitative analysis skills. Graphic design and videography/video-editing skills are a plus.

For more information, please contact me, Matt Browning, at bmat...@vt.edu or 540-315-7095 (call or text is fine). Interested students should do so immediately so that they can start the application process for August 2015 admissions.

Matt Browning
Virginia Tech, Department of Forest Resources & Environmental Conservation