Human Dimensions of Wildlife Management Faculty Position

Meredith Gore

Feb 20, 2015, 9:25:54 AM2/20/15
to sswg...@conbio.org
Human Dimensions of Wildlife Management – Assistant Professor
University of Nebraska-Lincoln

The School of Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources is seeking applicants for
a tenure-track position in Human Dimensions of Wildlife Management at
the rank of Assistant Professor. This 12-month position shall have
appointments in teaching and research and is expected to lead and
coordinate a nationally-recognized research and education program in
human dimensions of wildlife management. We seek candidates who can
apply theories, concepts, and methods from the social and behavioral
sciences to management of wildlife resources. The successful candidate
will be expected to contribute to the undergraduate and graduate
programs of the School of Natural Resources and develop a research
program that complements existing strengths of the Applied Ecology
faculty in the School of Natural Resources.
The successful candidate will develop a research program that addresses
aspects of human dimensions of wildlife management, such as hunter
perceptions and values, human-wildlife systems modeling, agroecosystems,
the urban-rural interface, and ecosystem services. A coupled
human-nature systems approach and emphasis on consumptive uses of
wildlife is desired. The faculty member’s research program will
interface with Nebraska Game and Parks Commission to answer applied
research questions.
This position will support curriculum development, teaching, and
evaluating student outcomes for 2-3 undergraduate/graduate courses per
year that build the human dimensions capacity of the Fisheries and
Wildlife major and the Applied Ecology and Human Dimensions graduate
specializations. Specific course assignments may be changed over time
based on Academic Unit need. We are pleased to offer this as one of four
positions in Applied Ecology to be hired in 2015-2016.
Required Qualifications: Ph.D. in a relevant field of study (e.g.,
wildlife management, human dimensions, survey research and methodology,
sociology, psychology) at time of appointment, a strong record of
research and scholarly activities in the field of human dimensions of
wildlife management including publications in peer-reviewed journals and
evidence of development of proposals for externally-funded grants,
experience and demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, and a
proven ability to communicate effectively with students, professionals,
and the general public.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of two years of relevant
postdoctoral experience (or equivalent) addressing applied or basic
questions related to human dimensions of wildlife management, experience
working with resource management organizations (e.g., local, state,
federal), and experience as an instructor of a post-secondary course in
wildlife management or ecology.
To view details of the position and make application, go to
http://employment.unl.edu. Search for position #F_150040. Click on
“Apply to this job.” Complete the application. Attach a letter of
interest with statement regarding research and teaching, curriculum
vitae, and contact information for three professional references. Review
of applications will begin on April 15, 2015, and continue until the
position is filled or the search is closed.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to a pluralistic campus
community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life
balance, and dual careers.

--
Meredith L. Gore, PhD
Associate Professor

BEATRICE FRANK

May 26, 2015, 12:34:25 PM5/26/15
to sswg...@conbio.org

Good morning,

We are excited to announce a new postdoctoral fellowship in Sociology at the Oklahoma State University. Applicants must have a doctoral degree in sociology or related social sciences. Database and dataset construction and management is extremely desirable, as is familiarity with the literature on coupled human-natural systems (CHANS). Fluency in English and keeping a valid Oklahoma driver’s license are required.

The position is available for one year with strong potential for extension up to an additional two years for the right candidate.  Review of applications will begin June 15, 2015 and continue until the position is filled. Start date is September 1, 2015.

Applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact information for three references, should be submitted electronically to

Dr. Beth Caniglia (beth.c...@okstate.edu)

Please circulate this notice to any who you feel may be interested.

Sincerely,

Beth Caniglia

470 Murray Hall
Stillwater, OK 74078-4062