Fwd: Associate Dean for Diversity and Access, UW College of Environment

Mr.Nathan.Bennett

Jan 15, 2016, 10:23:34 AM1/15/16
to sswg listserv at Google Groups
See position description below. Might be of interest to some on this group.

Kind regards,

Nathan

……..… ><}}}}}> …….… :-)

Nathan J. Bennett, PhD

Twitter: @NathanJBennett

Fulbright Visiting Scholar
School of Marine and Environmental Affairs
University of Washington

Liber Ero Fellow
Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability
University of British Columbia

Begin forwarded message:

From: Eddie Allison <eh...@uw.edu>
Subject: Associate Dean for Diversity and Access, UW College of Environment
Date: January 14, 2016 at 4:32:21 PM PST
To: <smast...@uw.edu>, SMA In-House Faculty <mafa...@u.washington.edu>

Dear All,

Please circulate this advert to your alumni associations, contacts in the field of diversity and access and colleagues in environmental sciences teaching and research.  The position is to provide leadership for the College's efforts to become a more diverse, inclusive and supportive environment for all students, faculty and staff.

The successful applicant will have a half-time faculty appointment with one of the units in the College of Environment and will teach and mentor students in that unit.  Applicants can be working in any branch of environmentally-related sciences, social and policy sciences or humanities.

Wouldn't it be great if the successful applicant chose SMEA as home for the faculty part of their appointment?  That is more likely to happen if we can get some strong applicants with a marine and coastal interest.  We'll need your help to find those applicants and encourage them to apply.

Many thanks,

Eddie

--

Professor Edward H Allison
School of Marine and Environmental Affairs
University of Washington
3707 Brooklyn Ave NE
Seattle 98105 WA   USA
Tel +1 206 685 0694