short survey on human well-being and conservation

Supin Wongbusarakum

May 8, 2017, 2:31:35 PM5/8/17
to SSWG...@conbio.org, Samantha Cheng, dcmi...@illinois.edu
Dear SSWG listserve staff,

Could you please post the following message onto the listserve so that the SSWG members could participate in the survey? Thanks very much!

Supin Wongbusarakum, PhD
Social Science Research Institute
University of Hawaii at Manoa

Hello!

As members of the conservation and development community, we are seeking your views on what areas between conservation and human well-being merit more research and attention. There has been a lot of attention paid to the need for more evidence to support win-win outcomes for nature and people as well as on the growing divide between research and policy. In this survey, we (the Science for Nature and People Partnership (SNAPP) working group on Evidence-Based Conservation) aim to identify
specific connections between nature conservation actions and human well-being outcomes that practitioners and researchers in this area think require more information.

This survey will take 10-15 minutes and can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WPVWDM5

The anonymous results from this survey will be disseminated back to the community and be used by the group to help form better guidelines on how to bridge the science-policy gap in conservation and development programs.

Thank you in advance for your participation! Please reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Dr. Samantha Cheng (NCEAS, SNAPP, UCSB) and Dr. Maggie Holland (UMBC)