Intensive Training in Conservation Topics at the Smithsonian: From Statistics and GIS to Camera Trapping and Population Monitoring

NZP-SCBI Training

Jan 12, 2016, 3:27:57 PM1/12/16
to nal...@conbio.org

Graduate/Professional Training: Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation

Front Royal, Virginia, USA

The Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation, a partnership between George Mason University and the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute (SCBI), is proud to announce their upcoming professional training course schedule for 2016, and we’re excited to be offering a number of new courses. All courses are currently either 1- or 2-week intensive residential courses hosted in our sustainably-built Academic Center on the grounds of SCBI in Front Royal Virginia. All courses offer continuing education credits (CEUs) and some can be taken for graduate credit as well. See our upcoming offerings below and check out our website for more course details and pricing. Note that we have recently reduced our dining and housing costs. Limited scholarships are available for eligible applicants. Visit our website (http://SMConservation.gmu.edu) or email us at SCBItr...@si.edu for more details about each course, course costs, and credits earned.

Upcoming Courses:

·        Statistics for Ecology and Conservation Biology (February 29 – March 11, 2016)

·        Practical Zoo Nutrition Management (April 11-15, 2016) - new!

·        Essentials of Open Source GIS (May 23-27, 2016)

·        Camera Trapping Study Design and Data Analysis for Occupancy and Density Estimation in Latin America (June 20-29, 2016) – new!

·        Estimating Animal Abundance and Occupancy (August 15-26, 2016)

·        Spatial Ecology, Geospatial Analysis, and Remote Sensing for Conservation (September 26-October 7th, 2016)