Scientist letter to new administration

carloscarroll

Jan 5, 2017, 1:01:18 PM1/5/17
to North America Section List

You might have seen the scientist letter to Congress and the Trump transition team that the Union of Concerned Scientists released on November 30, 2016 showing support for scientific integrity, independent science, and the health, safety, and environmental protections our families and communities rely on. In a little more than a month since then, additional attacks on science and evidence-based decision making have come in the form of nominations of industry-backed insiders to head of EPA and Secretary of State, and a tweet by the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee that tried to tie a cold weather snap to the non-existence of climate change.

More than 2300 scientists, including 22 Nobel Prize recipients, signed on to stand up for science, and hundreds more have signed on since the initial release. But we’re not stopping there! We still need to demonstrate to Congress and the incoming Administration that the scientific community will not stand idly by. Please add your name and share with your colleagues, and be a part of the collective voice for science.

While the letter will be open indefinitely the letter will be re-release next week. Deadline for signatures to appear on the second release is next Wednesday, 1/11, so please sign today so we can make another big stand for science. Let’s show our policy makers that we are not staying quiet about these egregious attacks - we are ready, willing, and able to defend science and our health, safety, and environmental protections.