Graduate/Professional Training 2017: Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation

NZP-SCBI Training

Dec 16, 2016, 3:23:25 PM12/16/16
to nal...@conbio.org, NZP-SCBI Training

Graduate/Professional Training: Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation

Front Royal, Virginia, USA

Visit our website (http://SMConservation.gmu.edu) or email us at SCBItr...@si.edu for more details about each course, course costs, and credits earned.

The Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation, a partnership between George Mason University and the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute (SCBI), is proud to announce our upcoming course schedule for 2017. All courses are currently either 1- or 2-week intensive residential courses hosted in our sustainably-built Academic Center on the grounds of SCBI in Front Royal Virginia. All courses offer continuing education credits (CEUs) and some can be taken for graduate credit as well. See our upcoming offerings below and check out our website for more course details and pricing. Note that we have recently reduced our dining and housing costs. Limited scholarships are available for eligible applicants.

Upcoming Courses:

·         Statistics for Ecology and Conservation Biology (February 27-March 10, 2017)

·         Non-Invasive Techniques and Applications in Wildlife Endocrinology (March 13-24, 2017)

·         Field Recording and Analysis of Biological Sounds for Research and Conservation (May 1-12, 2017) New Course!

·         Practical Zoo Nutrition Management (June 5-9, 2017)

·         Camera Trapping Study Design and Data Analysis for Occupancy and Density Estimation (June 19-30, 2017)

Kate Christen, Ph.D.| Graduate and Professional Training Manager