Strengthen the Endangered Species Act with independent science

carloscarroll

Dec 4, 2015, 3:10:50 PM12/4/15
to North America Section List
Dear colleagues,

Please consider adding your name to the Statement Calling on Federal Agencies to Strengthen the Endangered Species Act with Independent Science:

From wolves to wolverines, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) has increasingly chosen to ignore the best available science when it comes to implementing the Endangered Species Act (ESA). These decisions must be "based solely on the best available scientific and commercial data," as the law requires. Otherwise, FWS decisions risk extinction of our nation's biological diversity and sets a dangerous precedent for ignoring science in the decision making process.

Please join me in signing a letter organized by the Union of Concerned Scientists and prominent endangered species experts in urging Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell and Secretary of Commerce Penny Prtizker to allow independent scientists to evaluate the best available science when implementing the ESA.

If you go to the URL below you can check out the details and send your own message. Then please forward this email to your colleagues. We really need your help to spread the word.