post-fire logging legislation scientist sign on letter

Dominick DellaSala

Oct 10, 2016, 7:08:18 PM10/10/16
to nal...@conbio.org
Dear Colleagues:

The U.S. Senate is poised to adopt legislation that would greatly increase logging on public lands due to fire concerns (attached). Please join me and 190 scientists in raising serious concerns about the fire legislation being proposed in the Senate.

If you would like to sign on, please send me an email with your name, title, affiliation (listed for identification purposes only - this can be skipped), and location.

Thanks for considering my request - best

Dominick A. DellaSala, Ph.D | President, Chief Scientist
Editor and Primary Author "Temperate and Boreal Rainforests of the World: Ecology & Conservation" www.islandpress.org/dellasalawww.ipfieldnotes.org/author/dominickdellasala/
Co-editor and Author "The Ecological Importance of Mixed-Severity Fires:Nature's Phoenix"

Geos Institute | 84 Fourth Street | Ashland, Oregon 97520
Phone: 541.482.4459 x302 | 541-621-7223 (cell) | Fax: 541.482.7282
E-mail: domi...@geosinstitute.org | Website: www.geosinstitute.org

The Geos Institute is leading the way to climate change solutions that matter.

scientist-letter-postfire-logging-2016.pdf