NEW TRAINING COURSES at the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation

NZP-SCBI Training

Apr 9, 2015, 12:24:28 PM4/9/15
to nal...@conbio.org

Graduate/Professional Training: Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation

Front Royal, Virginia, USA

Visit our website (http://SMConservation.gmu.edu) or email us at SCBItr...@si.edu for more details about each course, course costs, and credits earned.

The Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation, a partnership between George Mason University and the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute (SCBI), is proud to announce their upcoming course schedule for 2015/2016, and we’re excited to be offering a number of new courses. All courses are currently either 1- or 2-week intensive residential courses hosted in our new, sustainably-built Academic Center on the grounds of SCBI in Front Royal Virginia. Most courses can be taken either for graduate credit or continuing education units. Limited scholarships are available for eligible applicants and reduced fees are provided to applicants from less-developed nations.

Upcoming Courses:

• Conservation Breeding Centers for Wildlife Sustainability (June 1-5, 2015) - new!

• Conservation for Development Professionals (August 10-14, 2015) – new!

• Ecology and Conservation of Migratory Birds (September 14-25, 2015)

• Statistical Downscaling of Global Climate Models in SDSM 5.2 (December 7-11, 2015) – new!

• Practical Zoo Nutrition Management (April 11-15, 2016) - new!

• Species Monitoring & Conservation: Terrestrial Mammals (May 9-20, 2016)