New PADDD Research and Public Dataset

Mascia, Michael

Jan 15, 2014, 3:38:11 PM1/15/14
to nal...@conbio.org

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

It has been a year since we launched PADDDtracker!

In the last 12 months:

- more than 6000 visitors from 143 countries visited PADDDtracker.org

- dozens of new PADDD events were identified by users like you

- we published research on PADDD in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean (you can read it here in Biological Conservation)

To coincide with the one year anniversary of PADDDtracker.org, we are releasing a freely downloadable PADDD dataset.

Want to know more? Have any questions? We’ll be hosting a webinar in early February with details about our research findings, PADDDtracker.org, and the data release.

Stay tuned for details!

Want to learn more?

Find us on Twitter @PADDDtracker

We’re on Facebook at facebook.com/PADDDtracker

Read about us on WWF’s Science Driven Blog

Contact roopa.kr...@wwfus.org

Best,

Mike

Downgrading: a decrease in legal restrictions on the number, magnitude, or extent of human activities within a protected area

Downsizing: a decrease in the size of a protected area as a result of excision of land or sea through a legal boundary change

Degazettement: loss of legal status for a protected area under government administration (national, state, provincial, or local)

Michael B. Mascia, Ph.D.

Director, Social Science | Conservation Science Program | World Wildlife Fund
1250 24th Street NW | Washington, DC 20037 USA | +1.202.495.4532 | Fax: +1.202.293.9211

michael...@wwfus.org | worldwildlife.org/science | conservationletters.com | PADDDtracker.org | Solving the Mystery of MPA Performance

@PADDDtracker.org

facebook.com/PADDDtracker