New resource: Mental Health Guide for Autistic College Students

Vanessa Bal

Jun 28, 2022, 10:52:18 AM6/28/22
to CAN-C...@collegeautismnetwork.org

Hello!

We are excited to share our Mental Health Guide for Autistic College Students

Please see attached for the infographic – there is a QR code and a linked button at the bottom to download the *free* full 12-page guide from the OAR website.

Please feel free to share the infographic with anyone who may benefit. We ask that people not download and share the PDF in their networks, as the links allow OAR to be able to track number of downloads (no other info is requested or tracked to d/l). However, if internet or PDF-format presents an issue for accessibility, then please do what is needed for the person to have access!

There is also a text-only version for those who may find the graphics too distracting; it can be downloaded here:

https://oar.app.neoncrm.com/np/viewDocument?orgId=oar&id=402887968151eef9018163895ed40020

This resource was developed by a team at Rutgers University as part of an OAR-funded project. Content was informed by a few small focus groups with autistic students in college and/or grad school and some of their parents, as well as experiences gathered from a study with autistic students. Content was assembled and edited by a team comprised of graduate students, staff, faculty/clinicians, several who identify as on the spectrum or neurodiverse.

We hope this will be helpful to some students and families.

Vanessa

--

Vanessa H. Bal, PhD

She/her/hers

Karmazin and Lillard Chair in Adult Autism

Associate Professor

Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology

Director, LifeSPAN ASD Lab

Director, RCAAS Psychological Services Clinic

Nelson Building

604 Allison Road

Piscataway, NJ 08854

Ph: (848) 445-2300

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature

This email and any and all attachments contain information which is confidential, belongs to the sender, and is legally privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named in this email.  It cannot be disclosed for use by any other party.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender by telephone immediately

Mental Health Guide - Infographic.pdf