Reminder: SET is hosting robotics tournament today

Neil McCurdy

Jan 26, 2019, 7:56:47 AM1/26/19
to Lion Link
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,

If you would like to be inspired by the amazing talent of San Diego's future engineers, you're interested in Robotics, or you just want to see something different this weekend, come join us at the FTC Robotics tournament that SET is hosting today (Saturday).  We will be hosting again in 2 weeks (Sat, Feb 9) if you are interested but cannot make it today.

We usually put on a good show with student commentators, music, live streaming, good competition and this year (fingers crossed), the first-ever in San Diego and possibly the nation, live scoring!  Usually the audience has no idea what is going on during the competitions and it takes a lot of audience work to understand the game and to figure out who is winning, but that should change with live scoring.  Come check it out!

For those who cannot make it, the event will be live streamed on our YouTube channel.  Just search for School for Entrepreneurship and Technology on YouTube and you will find it.

Starts at 9:00.  The later part of the morning is usually more fun, though. Stop by at 10:00 or 11:00.

Thanks to all of our parent volunteers (especially Elinor Weed who has spearheaded the event for 3 years), our student volunteers, Northrop Grumman and our Robotics Coach, Mr. Montello for helping us host this event!

Hope to see you there!

Dr. McCurdy

--

Neil McCurdy, Ph.D.