Invitation to Elected Officials Build Day - Lift a Hammer with Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity

Kristin Candella

Mar 1, 2024, 4:11:06 PMMar 1
to cityl...@fcgov.com, John Kefalas, Jody Shadduck-McNally, Kristin Stephens, Sen. Ginal - GA, andrew.boese...@coleg.gov, Cathy Kipp

Dear Elected Officials,

We believe HOME is KEY to economically vibrant and inclusive communities with thriving neighborhoods and residents. We are grateful for the work you do on policy at all levels.  This is the framework within which we build.  It matters so much when providing homeownership opportunities to buyers earning a low-moderate income.

To that end, we would like to invite you to put down your pens and lift a hammer so you can be part of building with us in Fort Collins. If you haven’t done it, it is FUN.

As many of you know, we have a partnership with Poudre High School which has led to the construction of 8 modular homes in the parking lot of the school. Homes 9 and 10 are currently under construction  (this is the first year that they are doing 2 HOMES in 1 Year). Such a leap for these teachers and students, they are fantastic.

And thanks to Hartford Homes we currently have affordable lots in their Mosaic neighborhood as well as many more for years to come.  So, it is a real pleasure to invite you to build on Poudre Build homes 9 and 10 in Mosaic after the school year is done and the homes have been moved to their foundations (with a crane – it is quite a sight).  See attached invitation to join us on Thursday, July 18th and a QR Code to register online.

Warmly,

Kristin

Kristin Candella

Executive Director and CEO

Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity

4001 S. Taft Hill Road, Fort Collins 80526, 970-286-5889

kcan...@fortcollinshabitat.org | www.fortcollinshabitat.org

ElectedOfficialsBuildDay - Fort Collins.pdf

Rupa Venkatesh

Mar 1, 2024, 6:54:17 PMMar 1
to Kristin Candella, City Leaders, John Kefalas, Jody Shadduck-McNally, Kristin Stephens, Sen. Ginal - GA, andrew.boese...@coleg.gov, Cathy Kipp, Sarah Kane

Good afternoon:

Thank you for your invite to City Leaders.  Your email has been received by each member of Fort Collins City Council and City staff leadership.

City Council and City Manager Kelly DiMartino appreciate the invitation.  Due to the high volume of invites received by City Council, you may not receive an additional response, but if Councilmembers are able to attend they will let me know directly of their interest and Sarah Kane will correspond with you.

We appreciate the work your organization does in our community. Thanks again for the invitation.

Thanks in advance,

Rupa

Rupa Venkatesh

Assistant City Manager

City of Fort Collins, CO

970.221.6684 office

561.289.6176 cell

signature_942251713

Kristin Candella

Jul 3, 2024, 6:21:28 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to John Kefalas
John,

Thanks for letting us know about this hiccup in our giddy-up.

All sorted now and we are looking forward to you joining us!

On another note, your travels looked just spectacular!

Kristin