Front Range Passenger Rail

Joan Peck

Jul 2, 2024, 5:28:36 PM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to jkef...@larimer.org, kste...@larimer.org, Jody Shadduck-McNally, vol...@larimer.org, pete...@larimer.org, ell...@larimer.org, Chris Kirk, William Karspeck, BDu...@berthoud.org, Rod.W...@cityofloveland.org, Jacki...@cityofloveland.org, Mark.J...@cityofloveland.org, Candice...@cityofloveland.org, kdima...@fcgov.com, Jeni Arndt, aive...@fcgov.com, kze...@fcgov.com

FRPR North Area representatives,

With the passage of SB24-184, the City of Longmont would like to start the process of meeting with our Northern partners to fulfill the reporting requirements set forth in the legislation. The realization of passenger rail from Denver to Fort Collins, with an eye to the south of Denver to Pueblo and north to Cheyenne, being operational in the next 5 years is a daunting task and time is of the essence.  The time is now to work collectively, as partners, to make this dream a reality.  We are also soliciting the help of John Putnam and Lisa Kaufmann from the Governor’s office in this endeavor.

We would like to begin to work with your staff to set meetings meant to satisfy the timelines outlined in the new State law.  For many of us, the Platte River Power Authority (PRPA) already provides a framework for these needed discussions, so we’ll try to use a similar format as we move forward with the passenger rail conversations.  I invite you to participate in these critical discussion regarding the future of travel for our area of the Front Range.

Thank you for your continued partnership and please look forward to our more formal invitation as we hear back from all the jurisdictions.

Joan Peck,

Longmont Mayor

(303) 774-3619

See the source image

William Karspeck

Jul 3, 2024, 12:55:31 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to Joan Peck, jkef...@larimer.org, kste...@larimer.org, Jody Shadduck-McNally, vol...@larimer.org, pete...@larimer.org, ell...@larimer.org, Chris Kirk, Brian Dubois, Rod.W...@cityofloveland.org, Mark.J...@cityofloveland.org, Candice...@cityofloveland.org, kdima...@fcgov.com, Jeni Arndt, aive...@fcgov.com, kze...@fcgov.com, Jacki...@cityofloveland.org, Board of Trustees, Chris Kirk, Jeremy Olinger, Anne Johnson
Hi, Mayor

Thanks for getting out in front of things. I think this is a good idea.

Berthoud would be happy to host the initial meet-up. From there we could travel around to different municipalities if you'd like or go remote.

Thanks,

Will

Jul 3, 2024, 6:28:15 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to Joan Peck, jkef...@larimer.org, kste...@larimer.org, Jody Shadduck-McNally, vol...@larimer.org, pete...@larimer.org, ell...@larimer.org, Chris Kirk, William Karspeck, BDu...@berthoud.org, rod.w...@cityofloveland.org, Jacki...@cityofloveland.org, mark.j...@cityofloveland.org, Candice...@cityofloveland.org, kdima...@fcgov.com, Jeni Arndt, aive...@fcgov.com, kze...@fcgov.com, tcan...@fcgov.com
Hi Mayor Peck,

I am happy to be a part of this group. Some of us have already been meeting informally, so it would be good to set up regular meetings. I hope it’s fine that I added Fort Collins Councilmember Tricia Canonico to the list since she is the newest FRPR representative from the North Front Range MPO.

We would also be happy to host.

Best wishes,

Kristin Stephens
Larimer County Commissioner

 Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 2, 2024, at 3:28 PM, Joan Peck <Joan...@longmontcolorado.gov> wrote:

[...]

E278FE9744ED4137A1D0FFE1854CF81F.png

John Kefalas

Jul 3, 2024, 11:25:16 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to Kristin Stephens, Joan Peck, jkef...@larimer.org, kste...@larimer.org, Jody Shadduck-McNally, vol...@larimer.org, pete...@larimer.org, ell...@larimer.org, Chris Kirk, William Karspeck, BDu...@berthoud.org, rod.w...@cityofloveland.org, Jacki...@cityofloveland.org, mark.j...@cityofloveland.org, Candice...@cityofloveland.org, kdima...@fcgov.com, Jeni Arndt, aive...@fcgov.com, kze...@fcgov.com, tcan...@fcgov.com
Agreed! 👍

Larimer County

John Kefalas

County Commissioner, District 1

Commissioners' Office

200 W Oak St | 2nd Floor

PO Box 1190, Fort Collins, CO 80522-1190

W: (970) 498-7001

Cell:  (720) 254-7598

jkef...@larimer.org | www.larimer.org

Aaron Iverson

Jul 3, 2024, 11:25:26 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to John Kefalas

Hello, I will be out of the office until Monday July 8th.  I will reply to your message at that time.

Aaron