The Energy & Environment Symposium is back!

Kirby Wynn (Garfield County)

Dec 22, 2021, 3:04:20 PM12/22/21
to jkef...@larimer.org
oil & gas education for local government

Dear John,

After two years on pandemic hiatus, the Energy & Environment Symposium returns April 13-14, 2022!

Thank you to our longtime sponsors, speakers, partners, and attendees who have made our event Colorado's largest and most popular oil & gas education and networking event for local governments! Save the date in your calendar now to join us for the 8th Annual Energy & Environment Symposium April 13-14, 2022. This popular event was attended by 270 of your peers in 2019 and was set for another record attendance in 2020 before the pandemic put large events on hold. We look forward to safely hosting you in April!

Many of you already know we provide the premier oil and gas education experience for Colorado's county and municipal officials. With the recent COGCC overhaul of oil and gas regulations, including vast new local government authority to regulate oil and gas, there has never been a better reason or better time to join us! Our invited experts in regulatory, planning, legal, environmental, economic and social issues will provide the latest information needed by local governments from oil & gas regions across Colorado.

Help us plan our best-ever symposium by suggesting speakers and topics you want to see. Perhaps you or a colleague or consultant you work with would be a perfect fit for our agenda. Send an email ASAP to Kirby Wynn at kw...@garfield-county.com to let us know who and what you would like to see.
A Few of Our Program Topics...

  • How COGCC Mission Change Rulemaking has transformed oil & gas development

  • What to expect from upcoming COGCC and AQCC oil & gas rulemakings

  • What local governments are doing to understand cumulative impacts during the well pad site selection process

  • Field trip to an active oil and gas site

  • Latest technology to reduce nuisance impacts to communities during oil & gas development

  • County and state mineral revenue projections

  • Global and Colorado energy market: pricing, production and demand forecasts

  • Air quality impacts of oil & gas extraction and production

  • Air quality monitoring strategies suitable for local governments

  • Legal landscape for local versus state control of oil & gas development

  • Local economic impacts of oil and gas during price and production surges and slumps

  • Local economic impact of Colorado's increasing oil and gas regulatory cost burden

  • The shifting federal land, mineral, and environmental regulatory/policy landscape

  • What we know and don't know about the health and environmental impacts of O&G operations

  • State agency alphabet soup: Executive Director updates and Q&A from COGCC, DOLA, CDPHE, APCD, DNR

  • Industry Innovations: Best mitigation practices local governments can require to minimize nuisance impacts

  • Ample informal networking opportunities throughout the two days to engage your colleagues, industry and regulators from across Colorado including opening night Steak Fry in the Gas Patch event on a cattle ranch out in the gas patch

We look forward to seeing you next year, April 13 & 14, 2022 in Rifle! Look for ticket sales to begin in January.

Sincerely,

Kirby Wynn, on behalf of Garfield County Commissioners Mike Samson, John Martin and Tom Jankovsky and Colorado Mesa University