[IMPORTANT] Fall Rally Reminders

Esha Bansiya

Oct 19, 2023, 10:56:50 PM10/19/23
to D12E Members, Advait A., Shreya Sadhwani, rishija...@gmail.com, Shamak Gowda, JengaBl3ks, james...@gmail.com, pra...@yosanai.com, Esha Bansiya, ethan huang, rovin...@gmail.com, vivia...@gmail.com, caiwenx...@students.esuhsd.org, zhengyi...@students.esuhsd.org, lesli...@gmail.com, adely...@gmail.com, phamkati...@students.esuhsd.org, jjudm...@gmail.com, hodoro...@students.esuhsd.org, delapazd...@students.esuhsd.org, xianru...@students.esuhsd.org, nhank...@students.esuhsd.org, nguyenm...@students.esuhsd.org, tranka...@students.esuhsd.org, nguyenna...@students.esuhsd.org, arroyoge...@students.esuhsd.org, ktcha...@gmail.com, duongbr...@gmail.com, Thierr...@gmail.com, mickh...@gmail.com, User...@gmail.com, chibria...@students.esuhsd.org, helenn...@gmail.com, anhky...@gmail.com, arlene...@gmail.com, rodas.hu...@gmail.com, kaysi...@gmail.com, shrutiv...@gmail.com, keyan...@gmail.com, ahanag...@gmail.com, vartikam...@gmail.com, toasty bear, tl8...@student.musd.org, td8...@student.musd.org, kd8...@student.musd.org, Ish Bali, yn8...@student.musd.org, hd8...@student.musd.org, siranw...@gmail.com, diyah...@gmail.com, ian...@gmail.com, dylanl...@gmail.com, anthony...@gmail.com, rinzen...@gmail.com, katiew...@gmail.com, andt...@gmail.com, Ashritha Chand, songca...@students.esuhsd.org, Trangad...@gmail.com, kyledu...@gmail.com, xusar...@students.esuhsd.org, Khelsey Takeshima, ashtont...@gmail.com, Quynh Dao, lancemi...@gmail.com, Lori Lew, Jackie Wei, Chao-Chi Yang, Annie Lim, nguyenua...@students.esuhsd.org, janel...@gmail.com, noorpre...@gmail.com, noahga...@gmail.com, Eunice Yang, cupcak...@gmail.com, ejcho...@gmail.com, seetom...@gmail.com, greiner...@gmail.com, cherrywo...@gmail.com, Diana Morimoto, Kath, josefine...@icloud.com, lizzya...@gmail.com, gaff...@yahoo.com, Gitali, josephc...@gmail.com, palanv...@gmail.com, stanm...@hotmail.com, cliffor...@gmail.com, Ms. Murray Lynne, Alexis Parker, Joyce Meurer

HEY SUPERHEROES!

Fall Rally North 2023 is coming up in 2 DAYS!! We hope you all were able to better learn the cheers at our 3 spirit preps, but if not, the spirit team has prepared some resources for you to memorize the cheers before the big day! PLEASE READ THE CONTENTS OF THIS EMAIL VERY CAREFULLY!

GENERAL LOGISTICS

Fall Rally North 2023 will occur on Saturday, October 21st at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (1001 Fairgrounds Dr, Vallejo, CA 94589). All of the Key Clubs from Northern California and Hawaii assemble to celebrate all of the money we have raised for the Pediatric Trauma Program (PTP) and the YES Initiative over the past term! From rally sessions, to spirit battles, to riding roller coasters, to socializing with other Key Clubbers, it is an extremely exciting event that members won't want to miss out on!

SCHEDULE:

  • Recommended arrival time: 9:00-10:30 AM

    • An adult chaperone/president will go to a table/ticket booth where they will turn in all Medical Release Forms for members they are overseeing (make sure to print two copies), state the club name and number of members, and receive wristbands for all members. Members must have a wristband to enter the park early.

  • 10:30 AM: Early park entrance for Key Club members

  • 10:30 AM-12:00 PM: Key Club Exclusive Park Time

  • 11:00 AM: Key Club Rally #1: Please head directly to Chabot Stadium as soon as you arrive so we can get good seats!!

  • 12:00 - 3:00 PM: Lunch buffet for those who pre-purchase this item (sold separately)

  • The park is open until 11 PM (members can stay at Six Flags as long as they like!) If you are leaving by D12 bus, you must leave at 6pm. The bus will leave without you

REGISTRATION:

Your presidents should be buying your ticket and any additional packages you would like. If you have already bought your own ticket, please send your ticket to your president as they will coordinate getting all your wristbands.

Your president will also inform you on who your advisor is and give you their phone number in case of any emergency. You should also check in with your advisor before you enter and leave the park.

FRN REMINDERS:

FRN REMIND

Please join our Remind through this link: remind.com/join/d12efrn23 or TEXT @d12efrn23 TO 81010! ALL IMPORTANT UPDATES WILL BE SENT VIA REMIND, EMAIL, AND/OR INSTAGRAM.

TIME
Because we are in the SESSION 1 RALLY (START TIME: 11:00 AM), you MUST BE IN SIX FLAGS AT 10:30 AM (for both bus and individual drivers!) Lines can be extremely long to get into the park and parking can be difficult to find, so I recommend that you arrive early to make it to our session on time. Our rally officially starts at 11 am in the Chabot Outdoor Stadium (our DLT and I will direct you the day of the event). There will be a lot of Key Clubbers moving towards the rally, so be mindful of time and don't get in line for a ride or else you will be late to our rally session. There will be plenty of time after the session to go on rides!

TRANSPORTATION
  • If you are taking the bus, please meet at YERBA BUENA HIGH SCHOOL no later than 7:45 AM. If you arrive later than 7:50, the bus will leave WITHOUT you at 8 AM!
  • If you are driving yourselves, please meet at the park by 9 AM! Make sure to buy your parking ONLINE for $15, or else you'll have to pay $50 at the park.

REQUIRED ITEMS TO BRING
  1. TWO Medical Release Forms (one copy for yourself and one for your advisor; https://bit.ly/frnmedicalform)
  2. Division Shirt & Spirit Gear (Spirit gear will be distributed by your club presidents this week, so be on the lookout for a message from them!)
  3. Card (Six Flags ONLY accepts card)
  4. ID Card (for members who are 18+)

PARK REMINDERS

  • Six Flags does NOT take cash. Students must bring card payment, or trade their cash in at the ATM machines provided.
  • Hard handles are not permitted; spirit sticks are not permitted either, but SPIRIT SHIELDS (the top part of your stick + a handle on the back) are permitted!
  • Outside food and beverages are NOT permitted, except for water.
  • Hydroflasks and other metal water bottles are NOT permitted, so if you are bringing water, please only bring plastic water bottles.
  • NO MEGAPHONES
  • Please do not share any items (i.e. business cards, clothespins, etc.) with personal information (i.e. social media, phone number, etc.)
  • Although there will be a plethora of Key Clubbers at Fall Rally, please be mindful of the rest of the park's attendees!
  • If you want, you can bring your own lunch! The food can get a little pricey so keep that in mind. You can also get the meal buffet deal.

FINAL FRN CHEERS (SUPER IMPORTANT)

Attached to this email are the FINAL FRN cheers and when we will do each one. PLEASE learn your cheers by this Saturday; FRN is won through synchronization, memorization, spirit, and showing support to other divisions through appreciation cheers! Please do not read off of your phones or papers during the rally :,)

The spirit team will be at the steps of the bleachers directing you all on which cheers to recite throughout the rally using signsPAY ATTENTION TO THEM!

We are making a story on instagram with how to do the three cheers we are using.

The spirit cheer document is attached HERE!

Here is the order of cheers:

1. Caution

2. Cupid

3. Remix

SPIRIT CHEER VIDEOS

The spirit team has also created videos performing the cheers so you can view all of the hand movements and cheers in action to practice! These videos have been posted on our division Instagram (@d12east) as Instagram reels, so be sure to check out those videos and share them with your friends who will be attending FRN!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact your club president or me!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL THIS SATURDAY!!!!!

--

Heroes of Service,

Esha Bansiya (she/her)

Division 12 East Lieutenant Governor 2023-2024

Region 17 | Cali-Nev-Ha District

Key Club International

Follow the Division Instagram! @d12east

“They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible.” —Bolt

Esha Bansiya

Oct 19, 2023, 11:44:58 PM10/19/23
[...]
Clarification: You are not allowed to bring food, but if you want to try bringing lunch, you may be able to bring it in. It may get confiscated so be prepared for that.
But, it is worth a try if you really want to.