How to increase Router performance of processing registration message.

Zhongying Tu

Apr 1, 2013, 5:43:17 AM4/1/13
to vcap-dev
Hi, guys:
     I found that the Router component seems that only can process about 60 registration messages of instances per sweep period (30secs), if exceeded 60, Router would came across the "Slow consumer detected" exception.
     However, if we increase the router-cluster scale, the performance seems to be even worse, due to each router need to process more registration messages.
    Does anyone has good ideas for this issue?
    Thx~

Zhongying.Tu

Zhongying Tu

Apr 1, 2013, 7:13:09 AM4/1/13
to vcap-dev
Increasing the “max_pending” configuration of NATS works, and seems pretty easy, it simply increase the standard of “slow consumers”.

Matt Reider

Apr 1, 2013, 10:48:20 AM4/1/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Glad you figured this out. Thanks for the advice.