What do I need to do except updating the values in spec/fixtures/openstack/cf-stub.yml?

howl...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2015, 11:02:22 PM4/7/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi guys,

I am trying to use "./generate_deployment_manifest openstack spec/fixtures/openstack/cf-stub.yml > openstack.yml". What do I need to do except updating the values in spec/fixtures/openstack/cf-stub.yml? Should I update the values in openstack.yml after executing generate_deployment_manifest?
Could someone provide one cf-stub.yml example which can be deployed? Thanks.

Parthiban Annadurai

Apr 7, 2015, 11:55:59 PM4/7/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi HowlWolf,
                   First, you just edit the cf-stub.yml file before generating manifest using SPIFF by referring the link http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/cf-stub-openstack.html , then when you are deploying if it throws some errors on manifest, after that try to edit openstack.yml file. Anyway, you have to edit the generated manifest.

I hope, this will help you..

Regards
Parthiban A

铭贾

Apr 8, 2015, 10:25:36 PM4/8/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks for your reply. I just wonder why cannot provide a full cf-stub.yml so that we do not need to update generated file as a basic example. For example, if I follow the guide to generate a configuration file for openstack, I have to update the name in openstack.yml because the value of name is null.

在 2015年4月8日星期三 UTC+8上午11:55:59,Parthiban Annadurai写道:

Parthiban Annadurai

Apr 9, 2015, 3:07:52 AM4/9/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Yeah, you are right.. But, it was like that only available, we need to edit the name of stemcell, release and their version too before begin to deploy.. I think apart from that no need to change i guess..

铭贾

Apr 9, 2015, 4:47:52 AM4/9/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks.

在 2015年4月9日星期四 UTC+8下午3:07:52,Parthiban Annadurai写道:

Parthiban Annadurai

Apr 9, 2015, 4:58:19 AM4/9/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org