UAA client authorities limit

tom.s...@opencredo.com

May 14, 2014, 7:00:20 AM5/14/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
We're using the oauth2 client credentials flow to control CF-deployed applications' access to other CF-deployed web applications (such as a simple configuration service). Each deployed application has a client defined in UAA with a list of authorities describing its resource access rights. The web application validates the application's access token with UAA and can check it has permission to access a requested resource.

Generally it's working pretty nicely, but we've hit an issue with the size of the client authorities column in the database. Under UAA's postgresql schema the OAUTH_CLIENT_DETAILS.authorities column is currently defined as VARCHAR(256), which is placing quite a low limit on the number of authorities we can grant each application's client.

In the short term we can just extend the size of this column, but that's only postponing the problem. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or suggestions for a longer term solution?

Filip Hanik

May 14, 2014, 11:27:11 AM5/14/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, tom.s...@opencredo.com

tom.s...@opencredo.com

May 15, 2014, 9:03:19 AM5/15/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, tom.s...@opencredo.com
Great, thanks!

Filip Hanik

Jun 25, 2014, 4:21:10 PM6/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, tom.s...@opencredo.com
Tom,
as we are about to increase this limit, we are also working on an additional feature that may help with this.

Great, thanks!

Filip Hanik

Jun 25, 2014, 5:56:11 PM6/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, tom.s...@opencredo.com