Running latest CATs tests on CF v153.

Alexander Lomov

Apr 22, 2014, 11:15:14 AM4/22/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi, all.

We've found an error in the way how latest CATs works with CF v153. The thing is that CATs creates names for orgs, users and apps with upper case. As I see CF v153 is designed to work with names that have lower case. To fix this issue I made some changes to CATs (https://github.com/allomov/cf-acceptance-tests/commit/0411c77e822ec1dd0eee3601169b75c8a9975e80#diff-b5c76fbd59b67a63c2e4080cbb9c7148L49) and after this changes we was able to run tests that was falling.

I see that the latest version of CATs is incompatible with CF v153, but CATs repo doesn't have any tags or references to cf release it supports. The question is about CATs version we need to use to validate our deployment. Do we need to checkout older version of CATs or we need to patch latest version? I guess I'll also write to vcap-dev google group about it?

Thank you,
Alex.

James Bayer

Apr 22, 2014, 1:28:37 PM4/22/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
i appreciate the difficulty. there is a story under consideration to put CATS as a submodule of cf-release [1] so that you'll always know the compatible CATS version for the release # of cloud foundry you are using.

Thank you,

James Bayer

Alexander Lomov

Apr 23, 2014, 6:03:53 AM4/23/14