"healthmanger.start" does not work in dea_ng

Wenhao Chen

Jun 13, 2014, 4:44:41 AM6/13/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org

Hi, I just want to figure out some issues about "healthmanger.start"

1)Currently,dea_ng suscribes "healthmanger.start" [1],
but  it actually does not work,
since hm9000 actually uses "hm9000.start"[2].
why dea_ng still uses the subject "healthmanger.start" ?

2)In fact, dea_ng could send heartbeat in "setup_sweepers"[3]periodically.
in such case, it seems dea_ng may not need to suscribe "healthmanger.start"
and send heartbeat[4]
Thanks,

Wenhao.

[1]https://github.com/cloudfoundry/dea_ng/blob/master/lib/dea/nats.rb#L21
[2]https://github.com/cloudfoundry/hm9000/blob/master/config/config.go#L77
[3]https://github.com/cloudfoundry/dea_ng/blob/master/lib/dea/bootstrap.rb#L219
[4]https://github.com/cloudfoundry/dea_ng/blob/master/lib/dea/bootstrap.rb#L328

Aristoteles Neto

Jun 15, 2014, 5:35:35 PM6/15/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
You need to set 'hm9000_noop: false’ in your manifest.

-- Neto

Aristoteles Neto

Jun 15, 2014, 5:39:24 PM6/15/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Additionally, have a look at this great post by Onsi, which explains HM9000 in more detail :)

-- Neto

Message has been deleted

Wenhao Chen

Jun 16, 2014, 12:18:13 AM6/16/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks for your attention

Maybe it's also old "health_manager_next" code,just like you mentioned in email

but I still could not understand dea_ng just "send_heartbeat()"

in the "handle_health_manager_start[1] without using the input message.

Dea_ng's heartbeat could be sent in other way,as I mentioned in the first post ,

it seems dea_ng may not need to suscribe "healthmanger.start" or “hm9000.start”

[2]is the old dea's  handle_health_manager_start.

Wenhao

在 2014年6月16日星期一UTC+8上午5时39分24秒,Aristoteles Neto写道:

Wenhao Chen

Jul 28, 2014, 10:20:44 PM7/28/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, jba...@pivotal.io
Hi,James

I guess "healthmanger.start"[1] in dea_ng is a outdated code,
evan
are redundant code.
Could u tell me your opinion?

Thank you

Wenhao

[1]https://github.com/cloudfoundry/dea_ng/blob/master/lib/dea/nats.rb#L21

在 2014年6月13日星期五UTC+8下午4时44分41秒,Wenhao Chen写道:

Eric Malm

Jul 29, 2014, 12:23:19 AM7/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi, Wenhao,

Yes, those references to NATS message subjects for the old health manager are dead code and should be deleted. Runtime has an unprioritized story in its Tracker here (https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67862534) to remove them. Thanks very much for your scrutiny of the DEA codebase!

Thanks,
Eric

Wenhao Chen

Jul 29, 2014, 9:59:17 PM7/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thank you,Eric

Wenhao

在 2014年7月29日星期二UTC+8下午12时23分19秒,Eric Malm写道: