Deploying Cloud Foundry on AWS

Bíró Balázs

Oct 5, 2014, 3:48:52 PM10/5/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi,

I'm a newbee in the area of Cloud Foundry.
I deployed the Cloud Foundry on AWS with the following parameters:
CF release = 186+dev.1
Stemcell name = bosh-aws-xen-ubuntu-trusty-go_agent
Stemcell version = 2710

Under my hosted zone in Route53 on AWS I created a new wildcard record set:
Name: *.mysite.com
Value: 1.2.3.4 (a created Elastic IP value)

The deployment ran without any problem, but when I tried to target the CF API (cf target api.mysite.com) I got the following error:
"Target refused connection"

I've attached the manifest file.
I can log in with SSH but not with CF CLI.

Does anyone have a clue what could be the problem?

Regard,
Balazs

cf_V1 - Copy.yml

David Williams

Oct 5, 2014, 6:39:46 PM10/5/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Balazs,

Interesting that you're not getting a different error.  Per the CLI, the target command is used to "Set or view the targeted org or space"; in other words you would use cf target to focus on a particular org or space after successfully authenticating to your CF API.  Instead you should use cf api api.mysite.com.  With that said, I did notice one thing in your manifest.  Your protocol is set to "http".  I believe that if you simply use cf api api.mysite.com, it will default to HTTPS.  If you want to force http, use:

 cf api http://api.mysite.com

Try that and let us know what happens?

Regards,
David

Bíró Balázs

Oct 5, 2014, 6:58:28 PM10/5/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi David,

first and foremost thank you for your help.
I called cf api. The result is the following:

Setting api endpoint to http://api.mysite.com...
FAILED
Error performing request: Get http://api.mysite.com/v2/info: dial tcp 1.2.3.4:80: ConnectEx tcp: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Does it say something to you?

Regards,
Balazs

David Williams

Oct 5, 2014, 9:39:27 PM10/5/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I don't see anything that stands out.  Just curious...are you deploying CF to AWS VPC or classic EC2?  I'm leaning towards it being a problem with security groups, but hopefully some AWS gurus on this list can point you in the right direction.

Bíró Balázs

Oct 6, 2014, 1:51:07 AM10/6/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I'm deploying to AWS VPC.