Spring Boot Remote Shell

Ryan Baxter

Oct 5, 2014, 8:51:47 PM10/5/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I am guessing the answer to this question is no but figured I would ask anyways.....

Is there anyway to use the Spring Boot Remote Shell when deploying a Spring Boot app to CF?  I am guessing not since there is no port exposed by the router for this, but wanted to see if there were any tricks out there.

Mike Youngstrom

Oct 5, 2014, 11:20:07 PM10/5/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
You are correct.  The answer is no.  Until we get support for ssh into instances.

We can add this to the list of use cases for ssh support.

Mike

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Ryan Baxter <rbax...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am guessing the answer to this question is no but figured I would ask anyways.....

Is there anyway to use the Spring Boot Remote Shell when deploying a Spring Boot app to CF?  I am guessing not since there is no port exposed by the router for this, but wanted to see if there were any tricks out there.

Ryan Baxter

Oct 6, 2014, 7:15:48 AM10/6/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks Mike.

-Ryan
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cloud Foundry Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/cloudfoundry.org/d/msgid/vcap-dev/CAEoPEDpmQGodMAOFYXHt7OqRP4QbB22w9F6OG0mHSnKkLyuKCA%40mail.gmail.com.

Daniel Mikusa

Oct 6, 2014, 8:39:31 AM10/6/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Mike Youngstrom <you...@gmail.com> wrote:
You are correct.  The answer is no.  Until we get support for ssh into instances.

+1 There's no easy way to do this.

It's technically possible though.  If you setup a reverse tunnel with SSH, you can then connect over the reverse tunnel to the port which is not publicly accessible.  I did a proof of concept for this to pull JMX stats from a Java app.  It worked, but it's a pain to setup, so I would say it's not a general purpose solution to this problem.

Dan