Problems with loggregator

Leandro David Cacciagioni

Nov 25, 2014, 2:27:03 PM11/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hey guys I'm having troubles to retrieve my logs does this happen to you?
cf push go-sample
Updating app go-sample in org pepe / space admin as admin...
OK

Uploading go-sample...
Uploading app files from: /home/ubuntu/workspace/go-sample
Uploading 950, 2 files
Done uploading
OK

Stopping app go-sample in org pepe / space admin as admin...
OK

Starting app go-sample in org pepe / space admin as admin...

FAILED
Server error, status code: 400, error code: 170004, message: App staging failed in the buildpack compile phase

TIP
: use 'cf logs go-sample --recent' for more information
ubuntu@workstation
:~/workspace/go-sample$ ls
_godir  main
.go
ubuntu@workstation
:~/workspace/go-sample$ cf logs go-sample --recent
Connected, dumping recent logs for app go-sample in org pepe / space admin as admin...

ubuntu@workstation
:~/workspace/go-sample$
 I didn't get anything and I really don't know why, BTW the cf version is 192

Alexander Jackson

Nov 25, 2014, 3:14:09 PM11/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi,
   Your app might be failing to stage before it has the opportunity to write anything out.   Can you `cf logs go-sample` in another window as you do the cf push in the current one?    Do you get any output then?    We do have a few bugs in 192 that can result in failed output but if you try a few times, at least one should succeed.   The logging bugs should be fixed in the upcoming 194 release.
     - Alex.

Leandro David Cacciagioni

Nov 25, 2014, 4:50:40 PM11/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
cf logs go-sample --recent
Connected, dumping recent logs for app go-sample in org pepe / space admin as admin...
I continue to have the same issue doesn't matter how much I can try, have you any working version for this because I have tried with v191 and it does the same.

Thanks,
Leandro.-

Alexander Jackson

Nov 25, 2014, 5:42:43 PM11/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Sorry I didn't understand if you tried cf logs without the --recent in another window as you where staging or not?
    - Alex.

Leandro David Cacciagioni

Nov 25, 2014, 10:23:28 PM11/25/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I just tried this like in 4 differents windows at same time and none of those work. BTW I tried with --recent and without it and that doesn't change anything. That's why I don't even have any single clue about whats happening here.-

Thanks,
Leandro.-
Cacciagioni, Leandro David
leandro...@gmail.com
System Administrator - Development Operations
lcacciagioni.github.io - about.me/cacciald
Cel: +549 341 3673294

Daniel Mikusa

Nov 26, 2014, 8:17:22 AM11/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
You might try checking the logs from the dea.  It might provide you with more details about what happened, for example if something failed prior to the build pack running.  Also worth checking the logs for the loggregator servers.  These would be helpful if it's an issue with logging.

Dan

jo...@tuley.org

Nov 26, 2014, 8:26:14 PM11/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
It looks like staging is failing very early in the process — before any output would be logged. The output you pasted mentions a failure of the build pack to compile. I'd start there; once your app is progressing further through staging, and actually being deployed, you should start to see logs in loggregator.

— John Tuley

Alexander Lomov

Nov 27, 2014, 7:56:53 AM11/27/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi, Leandro.

To debug this issue you can prevent DEA remove crashed containers by changing this parameter [1] in warden config (/var/vcap/jobs/dea_next/config/warden.yml). This parameters sets time before crashed containers are removed. After that you'll be able to get access to crashed instances and figure out what is wrong. You can find details here [2].

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 4:26 AM, <jo...@tuley.org> wrote:
It looks like staging is failing very early in the process — before any output would be logged. The output you pasted mentions a failure of the build pack to compile. I'd start there; once your app is progressing further through staging, and actually being deployed, you should start to see logs in loggregator.

— John Tuley

Alexander Jackson

Dec 1, 2014, 11:14:25 PM12/1/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
CF 194 was released today and contains the stability fixes for loggregator.   We also moved to the go 1.3 runtime which should also address some lockup issues that other teams have reported with go 1.2.   Release Notes[0] for 194.

  - Alex.

Leandro David Cacciagioni