Basis for Cloud controller(CC) to chose the DEA for deployment out of DEA pool.

jaffar.y...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2014, 3:05:23 PM7/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Does anybody know on what basis CC chose a DEA out of DEA pool of servers?
Doesn't look to be a just round robin.

We have a DEA which has lot of memory and one with not enough memory but CC was not choosing the good fit DEA despite redeployment.
We had to restart the DEAs, post which the we see that the right DEA was chosen.

The apps need 5GB of heap, though a DEA has only 4 GB available, CC was choosing that DEA and hence the app deployments are failing.

Any info on this would be helpful to understand the decision making strategy of CC.

Thanks in advance.

James Bayer

Jul 4, 2014, 9:06:12 PM7/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
There have been posts about this before, see cloud controller code

find_dea

Sent from Acompli

jaffar.y...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2014, 10:33:00 PM7/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Thanks James. Appreciate the help and pointer.
The info helps, I think we need to dig further in our CF and see if deas were advertising correctly.