Announcing This Week in Cloud Foundry

Andy Piper

Jul 11, 2013, 10:11:11 AM7/11/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi folks

Prompted by someone asking me "so... what's happening with Cloud Foundry lately?", yesterday I put together a new site:

The idea of this is to be analogous to other "this week in..." roundups like Josh Long's This Week in Spring - collecting together links to useful articles, discussions, upcoming events, new code releases, and tips, into a convenient and consumable format. This is intended to be community and technology focused, not a rehash of any corporate announcements (though we may link to them when they are really relevant). Basically... we watch the internetz, so you don't have to! :-)

I tend to lurk here on vcap-dev and I'll cherry pick useful discussions and announcements, but in case I miss things - or if you have specific cool projects that you don't want us to miss - either tweet about it with the #cloudfoundry hashtag that I also keep an eye on, or email news@thisweekincf dotcom and that will filter through as well. Aiming to post Tuesday or Wednesday each week, depending on news volumes and vacations etc!

Don't worry too much about the look-and-feel - this was put together quickly on Octopress yesterday, so the design is work-in-progress and will be improved!
thisweekincf is running as a Ruby app on run.pivotal.io with a custom domain.

Oh, and while I'm here... Mark has recently posted about the Developer Hangouts... is there an appetite for a potential podcast for the CF community, too? No promises, just curious...

Andy

--
Developer Advocate, Cloud Foundry

ruben....@innovationfactory.eu

Jul 11, 2013, 11:05:04 AM7/11/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Nice initiative. A podcast would be also very interesting.

Have an innovative day

Innovation Factory
De Lairessestraat 180   1075 HM Amsterdam   +31 20 7787008   www.innovationfactory.eu

Disclaimer

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Innovation Factory does not accept liability for any errors, viruses or omissions in the contents of this message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Innovation Factory with another party by email.

Dr Nic Williams

Jul 11, 2013, 11:13:57 AM7/11/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Awesome idea Andy!
--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

Eamonn O'Connell

Jul 11, 2013, 12:35:16 PM7/11/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Sounds great Andy. I will be reading it for sure.

David Laing

Jul 12, 2013, 6:16:01 AM7/12/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
+1 for www.thisweekincf.com and +1 for podcast
--
David Laing
Open source @ City Index - github.com/cityindex

Andy Piper

Jul 12, 2013, 9:29:19 AM7/12/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, da...@davidlaing.com
Sounds like the start of a popular mandate :-)

I have a bunch of things to post for next week already...

*goes to dust off podcast plans*