golang buildpack bin/release?

Quintessence

Oct 22, 2014, 3:35:05 PM10/22/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Good afternoon all!

I am trying to learn a bit about buildpacks from the CF docs as well as digging through the various buildpack repos. I was looking through the Go buildpack and I saw that bin/release doesn't seem to be doing anything:

I haven't done a lot with Go in particular, so perhaps I'm missing something, but I thought that bin/release was supposed to generate a YAML file that contained things like the environmental variables that the application needed to run?

James Bayer

Oct 22, 2014, 4:31:08 PM10/22/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
generally, if the buildpack knows what a common executable command would be, it can list it in the release yaml in the default_process_types field.

eg. "rails -s"

however, since go compiles into arbitrarily named binaries, it doesn't make much sense in that case.

Thank you,

James Bayer

Quintessence Anx

Oct 22, 2014, 8:46:19 PM10/22/14