Will Cloud Foundry stop applications roughly?

Harry Zhang

Sep 16, 2014, 4:18:07 AM9/16/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi guys,

I'm worrying about will CF kill the APPs roughly in these cases bellow:
  1. When one instance run out of resource
  2. When scaling in instances
The concern is due to that if I pushed some critical APP to CF, I need to make sure the instances should not be killed roughly when there's active transaction between clients or database.

James Bayer

Sep 16, 2014, 8:41:33 AM9/16/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
this has been covered before on the list if you search, check the use of signals in the DEA codebase. first SIGTERM is used followed by a grace period of several tens of seconds where then SIGKILL is used. if you DB transaction could be longer than the grace period, then you may have an issue, so keep those DB timeouts short!

Thank you,

James Bayer

Harry Zhang

Sep 16, 2014, 10:05:34 PM9/16/14