Is it possible to start other container like Jetty from a Cloud foundry app

saurabh agarwal

Mar 12, 2015, 9:27:45 AM3/12/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi All,

I may sound idiotic and I guess I am asking an incorrect design question but just wanted to know your view point.

I want to start jetty container from one of my CloudFoundry app, Is it possible to do so , I guess the answer is no as it will be case of container inside other container, Please help.

Whats the real question:

I am trying to stub some of the other rest api that  i will call from one of my cloud foundry app and for that I am using Stubby4J which is a good REST mockign system that starts jetty container.
Jetty its not starting from inside my cloud foundry app as it requires a port etc.

I guess I need to change my approach and run my stubby4j application as a separate application  ( outside cloud foundry, standalone java app )  that can be invoked from any cloudfoundry app

Please suggest.

Thanks
Saurabh

Parthiban Annadurai

Mar 12, 2015, 11:13:11 AM3/12/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi All,
          Am in need of kind help of you guys to solve the following issue.

When I uploading CF-202 release, it gives,

Started downloading remote release > Downloading remote release
. Failed: No space left on device @ io_write - /var/vcap/data/tmp/director/release-ce1317ec-3f9b-4c0c-b22a-058688507e5f (02:41:27)

Error 100: No space left on device @ io_write - /var/vcap/data/tmp/director/release-ce1317ec-3f9b-4c0c-b22a-058688507e5f

How to increase the Director Space?? Thanks..

James Bayer

Mar 16, 2015, 11:14:38 AM3/16/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
you could either start the mock server as a completely separate app so it gets a routable port or you could start it as a separate unmonitored process in your container at a port you assign that would not be routable outside your app container (use localhost to connect for example).

Thank you,

James Bayer

Saurabh Agarwal

Mar 16, 2015, 11:25:13 AM3/16/15