Cant login to new CloudFoundry install on AWS

prasha...@gmail.com

May 26, 2014, 1:52:50 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I just installed CloudFoundry on AWS using the docs here.

However, this is what i get when i try to login:

root@cf-installer:~# cf login --skip-ssl-validation -a https://api.mydomain.com -u    admin -p the_admin_pw
API endpoint
: https://api.mydomain.com
Authenticating...
Server error, status code: 500, error code: , message:

Password>

How should i proceed?

Tao Deng

May 26, 2014, 8:10:10 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
You can obtain more detailed log with 'CF_TRACE=true cf login .....' command. The log may give clues to resolve the issue.

Tao

prasha...@gmail.com

May 26, 2014, 8:26:15 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
This is what i get with CF_TRACE=true

VERSION:
6.1.2-6a013ca

REQUEST: [2014-05-27T00:22:01Z]
GET /v2/info HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/json

RESPONSE: [2014-05-27T00:22:02Z]
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 00:22:04 GMT
Server: nginx

REQUEST: [2014-05-27T00:22:02Z]
GET /login HTTP/1.1

Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 00:22:05 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

rompts":{"username":["text","Email"],"password":["password","Password"]}}
Authenticating...

REQUEST: [2014-05-27T00:22:02Z]
POST /oauth/token HTTP/1.1
Accept: application/json
Authorization: [PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]

grant_type=password&password=[PRIVATE DATA HIDDEN]&scope=&username=admin

RESPONSE: [2014-05-27T00:22:02Z]
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 00:22:05 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Server error, status code: 500, error code: , message:

Password>
root@cf-installer:~#

Tao Deng

May 26, 2014, 9:03:32 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
As you see, the 500 internal errors occur at login host.
POST /oauth/token HTTP/1.1

RESPONSE: [2014-05-27T00:22:02Z]
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

You can not 'bosh ssh' into login_z1 and check log file at /var/vcap/sys/log/login/login.log. If there error message like "java.net.UnknownHostException", please double check DNS works well in your network.

Tao

Tao Deng

May 26, 2014, 9:14:30 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Sorry, my typo.

"You can not 'bosh ssh' into login_z1", this should be "You can NOW 'bosh ssh' into login_z1".
Regards,

---
Tao Deng

prasha...@gmail.com

May 26, 2014, 9:53:06 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
i cant find enough documentation for bosh ssh. I am stuck here now:

root@cf-installer:~/releases/cf-release# bundle exec bosh ssh login_z1 0
Enter password (use it to sudo on remote host): **
Target deployment is `cf'

Setting up ssh artifacts
Please specify a public key file
root@cf-installer:~/releases/cf-release#

Where do i specify the public key file? whose public key is needed?

prasha...@gmail.com

May 26, 2014, 10:14:30 PM5/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, prasha...@gmail.com
ah ok i found out i just had to have the ssh key pair generated for my user.

Greg Oehmen

May 27, 2014, 1:47:22 AM5/27/14
to vcap-dev
Prashant:

I know you figured out your issue, but...fyi ->

%>  bosh help ssh
cleanup ssh
    Cleanup SSH artifacts

ssh [--public_key FILE] [--gateway_host HOST] [--gateway_user USER]
[--gateway_identity_file FILE] [--default_password PASSWORD]
    Execute command or start an interactive session
    --public_key FILE                                         Public key
    --gateway_host HOST                                       Gateway host
    --gateway_user USER                                       Gateway user
    --gateway_identity_file FILE                              Gateway identity file
    --default_password PASSWORD                               Use default ssh password (NOT RECOMMENDED)

Best

Greg

Greg Oehmen
Cloud Foundry Product Manager - Bosh
Pivotal

prasha...@gmail.com

May 28, 2014, 12:26:54 PM5/28/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I am stuck again. So i had done the cf install from a non aws box.
Now i read that i need to have an aws box to do bosh ssh, so i created a new one and installed bosh on it.
However, when i do bosh ssh, i get this:

ubuntu@myawsbox:~/cf$ bosh deployment cf-aws-stub.yml
This manifest references director with UUID the-uuid-is-listed.
You've never targeted it before.
Please find your director IP or hostname and target it first.
ubuntu@myawsbox:~/cf$

What am i supposed to do here? I downloaded the 'deploy/cf' directory from the original install box onto this box and tried to execute the command from within that directory but it still didnt work.

alan moran

Jun 4, 2014, 8:32:10 PM6/4/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I Don’t know if this helps but if you are having trouble with bosh ssh you can still ssh directly without using the cli.
You can see the ip with “bosh vms” and then:
ssh -i the-vm.pem vcap@the-vm-ip
The default sudo pass is c1oudc0w.

- - - - -
Alan Moran.

Altoros — Cloud Foundry deployment, training and integration

http://bonzofenix.com/

Prashant Deva

Jun 11, 2014, 1:08:16 AM6/11/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I am getting a connection timeout.
the ip is an internal ip (starts with 10.10). i am using an aws box to ssh from though...

Prashant