Change to the Ruby buildpack?

Quintessence

Jan 21, 2015, 2:15:09 PM1/21/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Good afternoon all!

I noticed recently that Ruby's `package` script (here: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/ruby-buildpack/blob/b5297f9302eb1599dfd1ff398647f0daaab8725b/bin/package) was removed. I was looking through the code and I didn't see where/how the code was refactored. Where was this functionality moved?

Thanks!

jche...@pivotal.io

Jan 21, 2015, 5:54:18 PM1/21/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi Quintessence;

I'm Jacques, I work on the Buildpacks team.

We extracted the packaging logic into a gem, which currently lives here: https://github.com/cf-buildpacks/buildpack-packager

It's an undocumented change; we have two Tracker bugs related to the incorrect documentation situation.

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/86370052
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/85807806

This comment on the Ruby report gives a basic usage: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/ruby-buildpack/issues/29#issuecomment-70891929

Apologies for the confusion.

Cheers,

JC.

jche...@pivotal.io

Jan 27, 2015, 10:01:13 AM1/27/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, jche...@pivotal.io
As a followup, we have updated the README files for the Ruby, Python and Nodejs buildpacks.

We will update the master docs shortly.

Cheers,

JC.

Quintessence Anx

Jan 27, 2015, 11:17:31 AM1/27/15
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, jche...@pivotal.io
Thank you so much for the information and update :)

Quinn