Best way to consume router access logs

John McTeague

Sep 29, 2014, 11:28:50 AM9/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
The gorouter access logs are not sent to syslog, does anyone have any useful ideas for the best way to get those files off for further consumption and analysis? I want to avoid having a process that periodically ssh's in to get them. Do I need to add some sort of log shipper (logstash?) to the gorouter instances to grab hold of them and ship them off or alternatively add extra config to rsyslogd to sent them off to my syslog endpoint?

Thanks,
John

Mike Youngstrom

Sep 29, 2014, 11:38:03 AM9/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
You can use "bosh logs" to download the logs without personally sshing in.  That said, I think it would be great to at least have an option to add the access logs to syslog.

Mike

Dieu Cao

Sep 29, 2014, 6:52:26 PM9/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Agreed, this would be useful.

Added a story for this in the runtime tracker.

There's a similar story for nginx logs as well.

-Dieu

We have a similar story for
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vcap-dev+unsubscribe@cloudfoundry.org.