Buildpack test already exists

lv...@huawei.com

May 19, 2014, 9:54:56 AM5/19/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Hi, all

User can't create the same name buildpack which just created with fail.

root@:~/apps# cf create-buildpack test buildpack-test 1
Creating buildpack test...
OK

Uploading buildpack test...
FAILED
Server error, status code: 400, error code: 290002, message: The buildpack upload is invalid: only zip files allowed
root@:~/apps# mv buildpack-test buildpack-test.zip
root@:~/apps# cf create-buildpack test buildpack-test.zip 1
Creating buildpack test...
OK
Buildpack test already exists
TIP: use 'cf update-buildpack' to update this buildpack
root@:~/apps#

i think it's better to allow creating buildpack rather than updating buildpack.
if buildpack creation fails, buildpack records stored in ccdb should be removed.

Tao Deng

May 19, 2014, 8:44:07 PM5/19/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
I can reproduce it here. Before it is improved,  I recommend to delete the buildpack with 'cf delete-buildpack' command.
Regards,

Tao