Dea global http/https proxy

wulo...@huawei.com

Jul 23, 2014, 10:23:24 PM7/23/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, mkr...@pivotallabs.com, liuh...@huawei.com, Weian...@huawei.com, lv...@huawei.com, tangsh...@huawei.com
Hi,

In some environments, especially private cloud, need  http/https proxy to connect the internet.
Could we add the dea global http/https proxy for all staging or app instance containers, instead of setting by developer individually.

--
Regards
Tim

Iwasaki Yudai

Jul 24, 2014, 2:01:08 AM7/24/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, mkr...@pivotallabs.com, liuh...@huawei.com, Weian...@huawei.com, lv...@huawei.com, tangsh...@huawei.com
AFIK, It's not supported that adding environment variables like `http_proxy`  as default system-wide variables [1].

I got the same question from some of my friends. They were trying to run CF in company networks behind proxy servers.
It may be better to support system wide environment variables for those enterprise users.

Liuhewei

Jul 24, 2014, 2:54:06 AM7/24/14
to Iwasaki Yudai, vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, mkr...@pivotallabs.com, Weian Deng, Lvyun, Tangshengjun (A)

Hi Yudai,

Thanks for adding the information. I see from the thread that community has discussed on this proxy issue sometimes from last year, and also there is a tracker on it according to James’ comment.

@mkropf

Our cloudfoundry environment is behind proxy server, so for ease of use, we currently implemented a solution to set the system-wide proxy for DEA to use it in staging and application instance. The basic idea is, adding http/https proxy settings into dea_next job configuration in cf-release; changing the dea_ng code to load and apply the proxy configuration. Since community and runtime team are also considering the problem, I wonder if you guys have better solution or an actual plan for resolving this issue?

Jul 24, 2014, 4:15:31 AM7/24/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, iwasak...@gmail.com, mkr...@pivotallabs.com, Weian...@huawei.com, lv...@huawei.com, tangsh...@huawei.com
Hi,

any update/comment on the topic is highly appreciated. Including general architecture comments or guidelines for those who want to give it a try and implement this.

Best Regards
Nikolai

Hewei Liu

Jul 26, 2014, 2:33:59 AM7/26/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org, iwasak...@gmail.com, mkr...@pivotallabs.com, Weian...@huawei.com, lv...@huawei.com, tangsh...@huawei.com
Hi Niki, and all,

As described in my last reply, we have a temporary solution in our cloudfoundry environment. You can check the source code from the PRs submitted by Wulonghui in our forked repos:

As Yudai, and some other guys mentioned in both threads, we think it's better to figure out a solution and implement it in official repos.

BR,
Hewei