Cloud Foundry operator price comparison

David Laing

Jun 3, 2013, 1:00:25 PM6/3/13
to vcap-dev
All,

Find http://www.ec2instances.info/ really helpful for quickly looking up ec2 instance prices.

Does anything similar exist for the Cloud Foundry ecosystem?

E.g - I have some Cloud Foundry worker apps that I need to scale up,
and want to choose the a provider that is currently offering the best deal.  I'd use this table compare current offers from
 mutiple Cloud Foundry providers and choose the one that best fit my budget / workload.

Thanks!
;D

--
David Laing
Open source @ City Index - github.com/cityindex

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 3, 2013, 1:02:44 PM6/3/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Nice find!

David Laing

Jun 4, 2013, 5:32:56 PM6/4/13
to vcap-dev
Scratching my own itch, here is the beginnings of a comparison table
of Cloud Foundry operator prices - http://goo.gl/BJozB

The only real apples to apples comparison I've been able to make so
far is RAM, with AppFog coming in the cheapest at around $23/GB/month

I added in a couple of "self host options"; which give one a (rather
imprecise) idea of the profit margins of the operators.

I'd love some help, especially from operator representatives - I'm
sure I've misunderstood your offerings in my comparison!

--
David Laing
Trading API @ City Index

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 4, 2013, 5:45:57 PM6/4/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Perhaps add a CF v1 vs v2 filter. I'll be wanting those buildpacks!

Nic
--
Dr Nic Williams
twitter @drnic

David Laing

Jun 4, 2013, 6:40:15 PM6/4/13
to vcap-dev
Done; although unless I'm mistaken currently the only way to get v2 is
to host it yourself?

I've also added you as an editor; feel free to make any additional changes.

James Bayer

Jun 5, 2013, 12:05:02 AM6/5/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Very cool! I can't wait to add the a non-self-hosted option...it's imminent.

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 5, 2013, 12:09:11 AM6/5/13
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
"Non-self-hosted" - there's a buzz phrase if I ever saw one! :)
--
Dr Nic Williams
Stark & Wayne LLC - the consultancy for Cloud Foundry

David Laing

Jun 5, 2013, 5:28:18 AM6/5/13
to vcap-dev
James,

I've added you as an editor - feel free to "preannouce" :)

Anyone else want to contribute? It's a chance to play with Googles
new Fusion Tables (87.34% cool)

;D

Dr Nic Williams

David Laing

Jun 5, 2013, 6:48:41 PM6/5/13
to vcap-dev
Fusion Tables is a data visualisation tool from Google Labs -
https://support.google.com/fusiontables/answer/2571232?hl=en