Re: [vcap-dev] How to build cf CLI git repo after adding custom command to it?

Message has been deleted

Mike Youngstrom

Aug 28, 2014, 11:22:12 AM8/28/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
Try adding $GOPATH/bin to your $PATH

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Newuser <mansi.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I want to add custom command to cf CLI.

Now I am trying to build repo but I am getting error

Build command should generate executable file but it is giving error.
Can anybody suggest me where I am going wrong?

Message has been deleted

Christopher Piraino

Aug 29, 2014, 1:22:39 AM8/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
What you want to do is take a look at "bin/build" and "bin/generate-language-resources" and follow the steps there.

More specifically, what you will have to do is download the go-bindata tool and run the same command as in bin/generate-language-resources. That should create the 'cf/resources' directory and accompanying files. Then, before you do 'go build', make sure to prepend the output of "godep path" to your $GOPATH env variable. This will make sure that you are able to find the Godeps and that you are using the right versions of the dependencies.

Hopefully that will take care of all your problems!

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Newuser <mansi.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have set GOPATH

What I have did is I have performed go get for all the dependencies mentioned in error so all the error has gone. But I am unable to find "github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/cf/resources".

So as of now I am getting following error.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mike Youngstrom

Aug 29, 2014, 11:20:43 AM8/29/14
to vcap...@cloudfoundry.org
That is probably your problem.  bin/build doesn't work in windows.  You'll have to try and emulate whatever bin/build does manually and translate it to windows.  You're probably blazing new trails building the CLI in windows, don't know if anyone has ever done that before.  I personally run windows but develop on an Ubuntu linux vm.  Works well for me.

Mike

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:54 AM, Newuser <mansi.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have installed go-bindata and godep and I can see .exe of those in my c:\go\bin\bin folder?

How to run that bin/build? and how to prepend the output of "godep path" to  $GOPATH env variable

I am working on windows